Sunset on the Mediterranean Sea

Sunset on the Mediterranean Sea
Sunset on the Mediterranean Sea

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Scotland Highland!!




I know that you all are thinking that the word "highland" in the title is a type-o, but you're wrong!! We just went to Edinburgh, Scotland a few days ago and we wanted to climb Arthur's Seat, which is a famous part of this huge highland in the middle of Edinburgh. The day was really windy, so as soon as we started climbing, Mom thought I was going to blow off the highland and into the patches of fallen rocks. I was so excited about getting to the top that I ran and ran until I couldn't run any more! ( I slept really well that night). Then I met Mom and Dan at the almost-top and I started running again. Then I hit a small, abyss-like area and Mom made me wait so that we were able to climb through and I wouldn't slip. Finally we made it to the top and I was so thrilled that when I saw that there was a cliff all the way across, I begged Mom to go, so we did and by the time we got there I was just done. We were not prepared, no water, no food, just the air we were breathing. On our way down,(we went a different way than the picture), I felt as though I was one of the children in the Sound of Music because it was so green and we were literally walking on the edge of a cliff on the side of a mountain! Since it was so great, I grabbed a piece of the highland which used to be an active volcano, and now I have a piece of charred rock in my pocket!

No comments: